The user interface of the Android-based smartphones updates itself back and forth, and a person can install the new features by installing the software updates. If you have an Android device, which runs on 5.0 Lollipop, then it comes enabled with the Gmail 5.0 application. This application supports emails accounts from the services such as Microsoft Outlook, AOL, Yahoo, and others that use the incoming server settings as either IMAP or POP. If you are looking forward to setting up the AOL mail on the Android 5.0 Lollipop device, then for sure you find yourself the right place. Read this blog as it would hardly take a few minutes and execute the steps shared. First, try to set up the email account manually; rest you find any error then contact AOL Email Customer Support for further assistance.
The process that is shared below is for setting the AOL Mail in the Gmail application through IMAP and POP. Usually, the Gmail app icon is already pre-installed on the device.
- Open Gmail application on your Android-based smartphone
- Click on the menu button (which appears as three lines in the left side) and then tap on ‘Settings.’
- Click on ‘Add Account.’
- Click on the radio button, ‘Personal (IMAP/POP)’
- Input your AOL email address and then click on ‘Next.’
- Enter the password in the next tab and click on ‘Next.’
- Put a checkmark near the tabs, which shows and can opt for sync frequency, as you desire.
- Give a name to this account and then enter your name.
- Click on the Gmail icon on your Android device.
- Click on the Menu icon and then scroll down to ‘Settings.’
- Click on ‘Add account.’
- Select the option of Personal (IMAP/POP).
- In the next process, type your AOL email address and then opt for manual settings
- Type the AOL password and then proceed for the settings shared
- Username- Your AOL username with domain address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password- AOL mail password
- Server to be pop.aol.com
- Port- 995 (It will automatically change. If it does not, then manually type it.)
- Security type- TLS/SSL
- Never delete emails from the server
- SMTP server- smtp.aol.com
- Port- 587
- Accept all certificates SSL/TLS
- Username and password, same as above
- Click on Require Sign-in option
- Complete the steps that follow by giving this account a name and validating a username for yourself.
Once the email has been set up, the account shows in the Gmail app. You can select the frequency as to when you wish to receive the AOL mails and if you want to be notified about the same. However, if you face any issue during the setup and it stays incomplete, then kindly contact AOL Customer Service number. This number connects you with the executives who will help you with providing a guaranteed solution.