Email hacking is a cyber-threat that has amplified a lot in recent years. This cyber threat would often lead to data theft and several other online scams. If you come across any suspicious activity happening on your AOL account or if you feel that your account is hacked, then the first thing that you must do is reset the password prior to making any changes to your secure data. If you are unable to access your account, then the best option you would have would be to delete the AOL account. The users can also connect with AOL Contact Number where they would get all the required technical assistance to solve the issue. This blog also provides the users with guidelines to permanently delete the hacked AOL account.
The process which the users can follow in order to remove the hacked AOL account is as mentioned below:
- First access the login page of AOL and then press the ‘Forgot Password’ link.
- Then you have to provide your AOL username or email address in the given field.
- Further enter the words from the CAPTCHA image and click on ‘Next.’
- Now you would have to choose if you wish to confirm ownership of your AOL email account.
- If you want to use the phone, then enter your mobile number and the security code sent by AOL.
- If you are using the alternate email address or the security questions, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once you have cleared the verification, create a new password for your account.
- Using the web browser, access the AOL My Account page.
- Then you have to sign in with your AOL username or email ID and the new password that you created.
- Now enter the answer for your Account Security Question and press ‘Continue.’
- Further select the Additional Screen Names box to find the AOL name you wish to delete.
- Once have found the name, click on the small red-colored ‘X’ icon to remove the chosen AOL account.
- Go to AOL My Account page by signing in to your account.
- Then respond to the account’s security question and click on ‘Continue’ to proceed further.
- Then you have to choose ‘I already have a High-Speed Connection’ and view the plans.
- Examine and review the current AOL paid subscription details.
- Now click on ‘Cancel My Billing’ option located at the bottom of the screen.
- When you find the confirmation page, switch to a lower-cost plan.
- Also choose an appropriate reason for canceling your subscription.
- Then click the ‘Cancel My Billing’ option again to convert your AOL account to a free account.
- Once you sign in to your account, enter the correct answer for the Account Security Question and then proceed further.
- Also choose the option which says you have a High-Speed connection.
- Then click on ‘View Plans’ option and look for the current subscription information.
- Now you would have to click on the ‘Cancel’ button to initiate the process of cancellation.
- Carefully go through the text which is related to the cancellation of your AOL subscription.
- Finally provide an appropriate reason for canceling the subscription and then click on ‘Cancel AOL.’
If you face any problem while incorporating the steps given above, then you have the option of connecting with AOL Email Helpline Number. They would provide the users with all the required assistance in solving this issue.